General Liability Insurance
What is General Liability Insurance Coverage?
General Liability Insurance coverage helps protect your business from property damage claims, bodily injury claims, and/or personal and advertising injury claims that could put your business’s assets at risk. For example, General liability insurance helps protect you and your business in the event of the following:
- A customer slips and injures himself in your store. The injuries result in costly medical bills and maybe even a lawsuit.
- While on the job, you accidentally damage a customer’s property and the repairs are costly. Should a claim like one of these be made against your business, then your commercial general liability insurance policy may help pay for the damages.
What does Commercial General Liability Insurance cover?
Commercial General Liability Insurance offers some of the broadest business insurance coverage available today. Here are a few of the risks a business could face that General Liability can help protect against:
- Bodily injury or property damage – Helps protect against certain claims alleging financial loss due to property damage or bodily injury arising out of your business operations or products.
- Reputational harm – Helps protect your business against certain claims of false arrest, malicious prosecution, libel, slander, wrongful eviction, violation of the right of privacy and more.
- Advertising errors – Helps protect your business against certain claims if others allege you infringed on their copyrights when advertising goods, products, or services in your advertisement.
- Medical payments – Helps protect against certain claims for medical costs if someone is injured on the business premises and needs medical treatment.
- Damage to premises rented to you – Helps protect your business against certain claims for damage to premises rented to you due to fire, lightning or explosion.
Help protect your business with General Liability Insurance.
More and more businesses are being sued for things like negligence, libel, slander, property damage, bodily injury, copyright infringement among other things. And businesses can be sued even when they did nothing wrong.
That’s why having general liability protection is critical.
Professional Liability Insurance (Errors & Omissions)
Errors & Omissions (E&O) covers professionals for negligence and errors or omissions that injure their clients or cause damage to a third party’s data. This type of insurance is particularly important to licensed professionals such as accountants, attorneys, insurance agents, architects, engineers and technology companies. Goodman Gravley Insurance Source recommends that all professional and technology companies have E&O coverage.
To find out more about these, as well as other business insurance products and services, call us and we’ll help make sure you’re properly covered.